a game of thrones, alexa chung, bbloggers, beauty blog, bloggers, doris day, dubai, eagles, Facebook, fashion blog, fashion magazine, fashion writer, fbloggers, fleetwood mac, florence and the machine, grunge revival, henry holland, hollywood, liebster award, made in chelsea, new york, oxblood, paris, sophia loren, street style, twitter, vintage, vogue
Thank You Very Much For The Nominations!
It’s such a lovely thing that I’ve been nominated not only once but twice for the Liebster Award for plainQUIRKY by ‘Vita.Vida.Vie’ and ‘Organised Clutter’. Thank you very much, it’s nice that people are enjoying what I write!
First off the mark, you have to write 11 facts about yourself. I’m not going to lie, this is something I’m going to struggle with as whenever anybody says ‘write about yourself’ I hit the writer block wall and my mind turns into a vacuum; so here goes:
- I love anything to do with the Golden Era of Hollywood and my idols are Doris Day and Sophia Loren.
- I can speak enough French & Spanish to get me by.
- I’m hoping to relocate to Dubai for work and I’m currently looking for a job there.
- I’ve collected Vogue magazine since I was 12.
- One of my most prized possessions is a Beatles Abbey Road vinyl I bought from a record shop in Paris.
- I have a thing for vintage clothing and love anything with a bit of quirkiness.
- I have too many beauty products and I’ve lost count of how many lipsticks I own, even though I hate my lips!
- My dream is to one day be an inspiration to somebody for all of the right reasons.
- I love to read – especially classic literature. Owning a first edition book is something I can only dream of.
- I think I’m really funny but I’m really not and laugh at all of my own jokes.
- I’d love to work for a quirky fashion magazine.
First, I’m going to answer my questions from Organised Clutter, part of being nominated for the award means you have to answer questions set by the other bloggers who have nominated you! Here are Organised Clutters questions and my answers!
- What is your guilty pleasure? My guilty pleasure has to be my love of old black and white movies, that or Made In Chelsea…..I love to hate it!
- Who is your favourite author? At the moment it would have to be George RR Martin as I’m in the middle of reading ‘A Game Of Thrones’ but if you were to ask me before this I would have said either George Orwell or Thomas Hardy.
- What inspires you to blog? A whole mix of things. I’d say first and foremost street style and different fashions and then different beauty products I’ve tried and tested!
- What is your mood pick-up song? There are a couple! Most probably ‘Go Your Own Way’ by Fleetwood Mac or ‘Take it Easy’ by Eagles. I really love Florence & The Machine’s ‘Shake it Off’. I saw them live in the Summer and when they played this, you couldn’t help but smile!
- Which social network do you like the most? I’d have to say Facebook because I’m so nosey, that and Twitter.
- What are your favourite fashion trends of 2012? I love the 90’s grunge revival and the oxblood trend. Oh I also love clashing prints.
- Do you prefer cats or dogs? DOGS! I have a Cairn Terrier called Tilly Mint and she’s crazy, she has the best personality ever.
- What are your top 3 favourite TV shows? This is a tough one, there are so many! The Vampire Diaries, The Walking Dead, Gossip Girl, oh Criminal Mind…..oh I could go on!
- If you could have a super power, what would it be? I’d have to say I’d become invisible and go backstage at all of the Fashion Weeks! Then have a front row seat and nobody would even know!
- What is your favourite place in the world? This is a tie between two, it’s either Paris or New York, I just love the hustle and bustle of big cities!
- Describe your blog in 3 words. Honest, Quirky and diverse.
Here are my answers to the questions given by Vita.Vida.Vie:
- Dogs or Cats? Dogs!
- Sweet or Savoury? Sweet all the way.
- Why did you start blogging? To share with others my thoughts on different brands and products. I used to scour other blogs for reviews, so thought: ‘Why not start my own?’
- What’s your favourite book? 1984 by George Orwell
- What’s your guilty pleasure? Listening to 80s music.
- What’s your favourite food dish? Sushi
- What’s your favourite time of day? Morning time! Just before a run if it’s nice enough.
- How many blog posts do you write each week? I try to do as many as I can but it’s normally around 2.
- If you could be a celebrity for a day who would you be? I’d love to be Henry Holland – he’s so cool, either him or Alexa Chung.
- Have you ever purchased an item of clothing that makes you cringe now? YES! I bought a pair of MC hammer style pants that were hideous! I can’t bring myself to throw them away though!
- Would you rather: go to work with no makeup on or without doing your hair? With no make up on!
My questions are….
- What made you decide to start a blog?
- What has been your biggest highlight since blogging?
- Who is your ultimate style icon?
- If you could recommend any beauty product, what would it be?
- What is your most treasured item of clothing?
- Do you have any beauty tips you swear by?
- What do you want to achieve from your blog?